CoaH Kids worship together at 11am this summer! Nursery is provided at both services.
Family Worship Sunday: Mark your calendars, our next Family Worship Sunday is Aug 14th at both 9am & 11am services. On Family Worship Sundays your kids (Pre-K through 5th grade) will be taking a break from their regular CoaH Kids curriculum and joining everyone in the larger gathering for worship.
We regularly have Family Worship Sunday to remind you as parents that you are the primary disciple-maker of your children. You have the opportunity to model worship for your kids as we do in the larger gathering. We also think this is a great opportunity for the larger church body to identify our families and celebrate our children as part of the church. Read about Family Worship Sunday here.
Kids' Summer Adventure: We just finished off a great week at Kids' Summer Adventure where we searched for the treasure of God's amazing Grace. If your kids weren't able to attend this year, we look forward to having them join us next summer!
Please label your child's water cup before you come or ask the check-in coordinator to print out a label for you, thanks!
***IMPORTANT*** We have severe allergies in our nursery-aged kids. We'll have a Cheerios snack (for ages 1 yrs old and up) during Bible story time, but please don't give your child a bagel or other snack when you are checking them in. We clean our toys regularly, but we don't like to take chances.
2 - 3 YEAR OLDS
July Memory Verse: Matthew 6:24 "No one can serve two masters."
July Theme: There is only ONE God! Based on 2 Kings 5:1-15, the story is about God healing Namaan.
From the parent take-home page: Talk about owies (booboos). Remind your child that Namaan had owies. Remind your child that only God could help Namaan. When observing nature or acts of God, tell your child that God is strong. God is good. There is only one God. Count different things. Then say, "there is only one God". Praise God that He is the only God. (A Sure Foundation, 2005)
PRE-K - 5TH GRADE
Memory Verse: John 11:25-26 "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believe in me shall never die."
Bible Passages: Matt 8:23-27; Mark 4:35-41; Luke 8:22-25
This Week's Story: Thank you for continuing this journey of The Gospel Project® for Kids. Over the next five weeks, kids will discover that Jesus is powerful. In today’s Bible story, Jesus showed His remarkable power over creation. After a long day of teaching, Jesus and His disciples got into a boat to cross over to the other side of the Sea of Galilee. When their short sailing trip was interrupted by a violent storm, the disciples found themselves in danger with nowhere to turn—except to the One who created all things.
The Sea of Galilee is actually a freshwater lake in northern Israel. It sits nearly 700 feet below sea level and is surrounded by tall hills and mountains. The geography contributes to strong downdrafts and sudden storms that can quickly overtake the lake. This type of windstorm is what the disciples faced as they crossed the sea with Jesus.
Several of the disciples were experienced fishermen. They had spent significant time on the Sea of Galilee, but this storm was so strong. The waves overtook the boat, and the disciples were afraid they would drown. As the disciples panicked, what was Jesus doing? He was sleeping! The disciples woke Jesus. The situation was out of their control, but their reaction was full of irony: “Teacher! Don’t You care that we’re going to die?” (Mark 4:38).
The disciples obviously did not know why Jesus had come to earth. Jesus had come to rescue people from sin. Did Jesus care that the disciples were going to die? Absolutely. But He was going to rescue them from something greater than physical death by drowning. Jesus would save them from spiritual death when He died on the cross.
Christ Connection: Who is this man? the disciples wondered. Jesus’ disciples knew Jesus was a good man and a good teacher. When Jesus calmed the wind and the waves, He showed His disciples that He is also God. God rules the sea and stills its waves. (See Job 12:15; 28:25; Ps. 33:7; 89:9; 107:25-30; Amos 4:13.)
Younger Kids Review Questions
- What did Jesus do when He got on the boat? (Jesus fell asleep)
- What did Jesus' friends do when they were afraid in the storm? (They woke Jesus up and asked Jesus to sae them)
- What did Jesus do when He woke up? (Jesus calmed the storm)
- How did Jesus stop the storm? (He told the wind and sea to be still)
- BP Question: Who has the power over creation? Jesus has the power over creation.
- Is Jesus God's Son? (Yes, Jesus is God's Son)
Older Kids Review Questions
- Why did Jesus and His disciples get into a boat? (Jesus told them, "Let's cross over to the other side of the sea"; Mark 4:35, Luke 8:22)
- What type of weather came over the sea? (a strong windstorm; Matt 8:24, Mark 4:37, Luke 8:23)
- What did the waves do to the boat? (filled or swamped it; Matt 8:24, Mark 4:37, Luke 8:23)
- What was Jesus doing during the storm? (sleeping; Mat 8:24, Mark 4:38, Luke 8:23)
- What did Jesus say to the wind and waves? ("Be still!" Mark 4:39)
- Whom did the wind and waves obey? (Jesus; Matt 8:27, Mark 4:41, Luke 8:25)
- Who has power over creation? Jesus has power over creation because He is God's Son.