Hey Parents, I'm going to be regularly posting on the CoaH Blog about what's happening in CoaH Kids. You'll see a summary of what your kid learned on Sunday morning, along with follow up questions and announcements about upcoming events.
-Mollie Dykstra, Director of CoaH Kids
Kids ages 3 yrs - 5th grade are welcome to join us for our annual Kids' Summer Adventure, a day-camp style summer program held July 18-22nd from 9:00am - 12:30pm. We'll be searching for the treasure of God's Amazing Grace! See our website for more details.
***IMPORTANT*** We have severe allergies in our nursery-aged kids. We have a Cheerios snack during Bible story time, but please don't give your child a bagel or other snack when you are checking them in. We clean our toys regularly, but we don't like to take chances.
2 - 3 YEAR OLDS
Theme: God always wins! Based on Exodus 5 -12, your child learned about God freeing His people from Pharaoh.
Memory Verse: Psalm 1:6 "For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish."
PRE-K - 5th GRADE
Memory Verse: Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord."
This Week's Story: Today in The Gospel Project® for Kids, your kids learned that Jesus demonstrated His power and authority through miracles. Among Jesus’ healing miracles, Jesus drove out demons, or evil spirits. Demons are evil angels—created, spiritual beings—who sinned against God. The Bible identifies Satan as the head of the demons. (See Job 1:6.)
Demons are enemies of God. They oppose God’s work and try to turn people away from God and the gospel. When Jesus was preaching at the synagogue in Capernaum, an evil spirit began to shout through a man. Jesus commanded the spirit to be quiet, and He drove the demon out of the man. Jesus’ power over demons marked the launch of God’s kingdom. When Jesus cast a demon out of a man who was blind and mute, He said, “If I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come to you” (Matt. 12:28).
Still today, demons try all sorts of strategies to keep believers from being effective witnesses for Christ—including doubt, temptation, pride, guilt, and fear. But we do not need to fear demons because Jesus gives believers authority over them. Reading from Eph 6:10-17, we learned about the Armor of God and the tools God has given us to fight our enemy Satan today.
Christ Connection: Jesus is the King who has come to make all things right. By commanding the evil spirit to come out of the man, Jesus showed He has power over all our enemies. One day Jesus will take away Satan, sin, and death once and for all.
Younger Kids Review Questions
- What was Jesus doing when the man started shouting? (Jesus was teaching people about God)
- What was wrong with the man? (He had an evil spirit inside of him)
- What did Jesus tell the evil spirit to do? (He told the evil spirit to stop. Jesus said "Be quiet and come out of him!")
- What did the evil spirit do when Jesus told him to stop? (The evil spirit obeyed Jesus and left the man)
- BP Question: How could Jesus make evil spirits go away? Jesus is more powerful than all evil!
Older Kids Review Questions
- Where was Jesus teaching? (the synagogue in Capernaum)
- Who interrupted Jesus? (a man with an evil spirit)
- BP Question: What did the evil spirit know about Jesus? Jesus is the Holy One of God!
- What did Jesus tell the evil spirit to do? (Be quiet and come out of the man)
- How did the people react when the spirit came out of the man? (They were amazed that Jesus has power over evil spirits)